Suggested questions that you may choose to ask a psychiatrist:
- How should we contact you?
- How will maintaining regular contact with you affect the progress of the
- What should we do if we notice problems such as a relapse or side effects?
- What is the diagnosis? What is the prognosis?
- If you are unable to diagnose, why?
- What are the symptoms of this particular illness?
- What symptoms indicate a relapse?
- What medication is being prescribed? Why? What are the possible side
- What other treatments are you recommending in addition to the medication?
Will you help us access those treatments?
- How frequently will you and/or the case manager see the client?
- How frequently will you and/or the case manager see the family?
- What is your view of family involvement in treatment?
- What do you recommend in terms of coping with the following problems?
(Make a list.)
- Others you may have.