The Schizophrenia Society of Saskatchewan (SSS) is a non-profit organization founded in 1982 by families and friends of people with schizophrenia.
To improve the quality of life for those affected by schizophrenia and psychosis through education, support programs, public policy and research.
- Provide easily understood information on schizophrenia in an accepting and understanding atmosphere that equips the concerned family with workable options to address the presenting crisis in a more informed, timely and effective manner;
- Place a more accurate face on schizophrenia and reduce the stigma through sensitive and creative public education and awareness initiatives that are aimed at the information needs of children, youth, and adults alike;
- Stress early intervention with the most effective medications and treatments available;
- Speak on behalf of families when they are unable to do so for themselves;
- Support research to identify the precise causes and find a cure for schizophrenia;
- Raise funds to finance these activities; and,
- Work in partnership with other agencies, groups, departments of government, and the Schizophrenia Society of Canada and its provincial partners to achieve these goals.
Our charity registration number is 894249861RR0001.